Friday, December 21, 2012

Look what I've made for my home! Round bottomed fabric storage basket!



Last night I decided to make this round bottomed fabric storage basket for the living room. The pattern, found via Film in the Fridge,  was very easy to follow and I don't think I will stop at one! My basket looks a bit overstuffed as I had so much yarn and the yarn balls are fairly big but it is much better then a huge plastic bag I used to store my yarn in before. 


To avoid ironing on the interfacing, I used a heavyweight linen by Heather Ross and made the circle in the lining from stiff canvas fabric I had laying around for ages. I like the brown and green and it matches our couch perfectly. Not to mention how great it feels to make something nice for my home. 

Loving the creative start of my holidays! 

Have a lovely Friday! 

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for making something for yourself! The colours your picked look great and I'm sure you'll find it so useful having the yarns right next to your couch. You will probably be tempted to crochet much more often now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea Katia.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! What a lovely idea :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful. Nothing quite like handmade....and this one's for you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!