This morning, when I went to get a new issue of the Country Style and some fresh bread, it felt like autumn is finally here! The air was fresh and cool but the sun still warm...
It's truly my favourite season!
Isn't the cover of this issue stunning?! I am looking forward to reading it this afternoon and doing some cross-stitch. The penguins are multiplying on my table in different colours!
Cooler weather also means a change of the meals in our home with more soups, stews and yummy Russian winter salad back on our menu! This salad is perfect as a side dish or by itself. We make it vegetarian but, traditionally, it's made with boiled chicken or sausage.
You will need the following ingredients (serves 4):
2 medium sized potatoes (cooked in skin then peeled and diced)
3 medium sized gherkins diced
4 eggs hard-boiled and diced
200g tined pees
4-5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Optional:
200g boiled sausage or chicken meat
cut an onion and keep it in separate container to add before serving
shopped dill
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
Hope you are having a relaxing Saturday!








I made a Russian salad during the week! No eggs or gherkins but I did use capers and beans with my potatoes, carrots and peas.
ReplyDelete