Thursday, July 29, 2010

My creative space....

This week my creative space is where I can proudly say: I am not scared of zippers any more! I made 6 zipper pouches and so far only one went wrong:) I've always tried to avoid projects with zippers but I bought a lovely Japanese oilcloth and I the idea of making little coin purses forced me to learn how to insert a zipper. Apparently, I can do it!!!

Besides zippers, I was working on making a mummy for the baby owls. I didn't want just to copy and enlarge the pattern as I wanted to give mummy her owl character so I started the pattern from scratch. Here she is, in a very bright hand dyed felt:

I've also played with a new Hoot by MoMo charm pack that I purchased from Retro Mummy.
I love the colours and the cute oval dots:

Join the creative space fun with Kirsty@Kootoyoo!

Have a creative Thursday!

P.S. Have you already entered this week's GIVEAWAY? Click here.

6 comments:

  1. The Hoots are just gorgeous! Thanks for popping by my blog and becoming my 100th follower!!!

    Tamara
    www.tamryder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. zips are my nemesis- I can do the sometimes but I don't like them- zips and oil cloth, that's a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hexagons look great and I love the bright colours.The oval dots are pretty cool, usually only ever see spots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I congratulate you on your zippers. I will still shy away from anything that requires a zipper. I have no idea why I assume they will be hard - but I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!