Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My favourite salad with Daikon


Back home, in summer, my mum use to make this quick and easy salad for us as a side dish at dinner time. It is very refreshing and light so it became one of my favourite lunch salads when I moved here.
The recipe is really super easy, just grade: 
one medium size Daikon 
one cucumber
Then, cut in 4/5 radishes, add a tablespoon of sour cream and season to taste! 


I love having a piece of crusty fresh bread with it. It's a lovely lunch for a busy crafter who tries her hardest not to skip lunches (that's my little goal this month). There is always half left in the fridge so I have it next day too. 

What is your favourite quick & easy salad?  

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried using Daikon. I might need o experiment once the weather warms up. :)

    I don't really have a favourite to share, but any green salad tastes better and leaves you fuller if you take a few minutes to toast a few nuts. Pepitas are also great - they inflate when toasted to ad a lovely texture on salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks delicious! i've never had Daikon, so you'll have to introduce me to it one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!