I love surprises, especially the ones that involve travel! Monday was going to be a normal semi day off (you know one of those when you still check work mail) but I walk up to an announcement from Mr. Plushkin that we are going to pack and fly to Hobart in an hour. After a 30 minutes of hectic running around, packing and even sneaking to the post box to get the orders on their way, I was ready for my little adventure.
It's amazing how much we managed to fit into those 48 hours! Unfortunately, the new Mona museum of old and new art, which is a talk of the town, was closed on Tuesday but it gives us a great excuse to come back.
Besides long walks, we've done some handmade and vintage shopping and I thrifted some vintage lace and a bag of delightful buttons that I cannot wait to sort through.
We also visited Store & Co, the shop that I fell in love with 3 years ago when we were in Hobart on our honeymoon. That was the shop that inspired me to start Plushka's Craft so it was a sentimental visit as well.
There were a few yummy treats, one too many creme brulees and just one but big rose water meringue. Those alone are worth to come back for!
I must say, it was a much needed little getaway. Did I managed to stay away from the computer? Well, no. I wrote an article that I planned to do a while ago, wrote a plan for the next few months for Plushka and made a few important decisions so you will see some changes soon to my Indie business and I hope they will be positive ones.
Do you like surprise getaways?






What a lovely surprise! I am off to Hobart myself this weekend! I grew up in Tassie and lived in Hobart whilst at uni. I dont supposes you made it my friends lovely yarn shop, The Stash Cupboard in Liverpool St? A must next time you visit!
ReplyDelete