One of those days, when I constantly rearrange my shelves to fit more fabric/stock/felt in, I got my treasure out - cross-stitched picture of colourful pansies. This embroidery brings up so many memories!
Started by my mum in 1992, it's been in my embroidery box for years. It's design and colours fascinated me. The black background had to be stitched in too as we didn't have black aida cloth back then. In fact, we didn't have any embroidery cloth available for some time. My first fabric for the embroidery class was purchased in the Sport shop. If I remember it right, this fabric was used to wrap around the wrists before putting the boxing gloves on. By accident, it was perfect for the cross-stitch embroidery.
It took me over 10 years to finish it. Yes. 10 years! I was in school and then in university and this was my on and off hobby. I loved cross-stitch, it has such a calming effect and helped me to cope with huge amount of stress with exams and assignments. Of cause, this is not the only design I stitched, there were many of them but this one is very special to me. This picture is more then just a picture to hang on the wall, it's a creation that taught me patience, determination and skill.
Do you have a craft project that you've done long time ago and still treasure?







Hi Katia, Beautiful cross stitch you have shared. I can relate how the old world art works involve more effort due to lack of readymade tools in the market. I would like to share my embroidery project which took me 5 years to complete http://niftyart.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/embroidery-art.html
ReplyDeleteThis is very precious for me and I will treasure it in my house forever.