Friday, May 25, 2012

New creations: heat packs and coffee cup cozy

It's my first week without customer orders. My current to-make list consist of new ideas and toys and I feel creativity is coming back. 
I will start taking customer orders again in July as Christmas won't be far away... That is a scary thought! 
Quickly moving on to the new things I've made!

After I posted the last order, the first creation that I've picked to make was the heat pack. They were supposed to be made last year (with different embroidery of cause as elephant is a new addition) and I have been collecting flannelette since then, hoping that one day I will get them made. 
So, here they are!

heat packs

I will be making a few with apples and rabbits but elephant, I suspect, will stay my favourite.


Next on my long list of ideas was coffee cup cozy. I like making small practical creations that bring handmade to everyday life. 
As it's getting cooler in the studio, my coffee (or my Earl Grey tea in the afternoon) gets cold in record time,  the 100% woolen felt will make sure the coffee or tea stays hot a little longer. Not mentioning how pretty the cup looks with it on!
 For the first cozy, I went with my favourite colour felt at the moment - raspberry and owl fabric by Michael Miller.
Felt Coffee cozy
I added little hearts in between the owls. They add a cute detail to the cozy, don't you think?
little details
I am making more cozies tonight in navy, purple, pink and red. I find them very addictive!

Happy Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the take away cup warmers - a great little gift idea. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i saw your coffee cup cozies on facebook, they are just awesome! fantastic idea, and these ones are beautiful :)sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!