In my creative space, I needed a break from the market preparation routine so I took a few minutes to practice styling pictures and marvel at things around me that I love. I took a few linen ribbons that I am taking to Mathilda's and vintage buttons. I picked a "Linen" theme with Japanese linen with birds and flowers as a background. Unfortunately, it was a bit late in the afternoon so the quality of the pictures is not the best with a few shades here and there.
Some of these buttons are from my grandma's collection and I remember playing with them as a child and it makes them so precious!
I love this jar, decorated with snowflake embroidery and twine, it's a cute little space for my special buttons.
More creative spaces over at Kootoyoo.
Have a creative Thursday!









Wonderfull buttons, I like them a lot!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos Katia! Those buttons that belonged to your grandma are beautiful. I also love your little pin cushions posted below :)
ReplyDeleteLovely photos ... ahhh i have some of my fav buttons from my nanna stored away too :)
ReplyDeleteI love your styling photos. I wouldn't have thought of practising (who has time?) but it's a good idea. x
ReplyDeleteI thinkg grandmother buttons must be close to a few peoples hearts. I wrote a post on my Grans button tin a few weeks ago. I love the pictures. That lace is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics - I love natural linen too - gets me every time!
ReplyDeleteYou're pics are always beautiful! Love the buttons, hope the market prep. is going well!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos Katia! I hear you, I took a break from the norm today too in MCS. I love your spool - I got a lovely one from Doug upon Bourke.
ReplyDeleteLove the linen. I should practice more too, I think!
ReplyDeleteI've seen jars with fabric covers, but I'm not sure I ever saw one with embroidery on top. How pretty!
ReplyDeleteYour little jar with the snowflake on it is just beautiful! Simple and lovely. You have some very cute buttons, and your lace is gorgeous - especially with that stunning spool! Where did you find something like that?
ReplyDeleteI have my nana button stash loved to run my hands through them as a girl. That lace is devine
ReplyDeleteMy mum had a huge bag of buttons I remember playing with when I was growing up - such fun!!
ReplyDeleteI love that snowflake embroidery too :-)
xxxCate
What beautiful notions. Lovely
ReplyDeletethat is one lovely snowflake - love that beigey stripey button
ReplyDeletei've nabbed my mothers buttons that i remember playing with as a kid, great memories! Thanks for posting.
ReplyDelete