Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ladybirds and candy stripes!

Bias tape making is addictive! I enjoy it so much:) I finally made a few without dots and used some stripy fabric:

candy stripes

This fabric is very soft and was so pleasant to work with! I can see it used in some baby projects as it's just so cute with ladybirds, dots and clover leaves.

Some more bias tape

Have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, your perfect bias makes me imagine all sorts possibilities! Quilts, bibs, dresses, pot holders... sigh...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not quite sure what bias tape is, but it looks AWESOME! Can you use it as ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Andreea's comment - glad its not just me! I have absolutely no sewing skill so I just marvel at all of the lucious fabrics and mysterious bits and imagine the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bias is perfect... what's your secret? It's so hard to make perfect bias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andreea, bias is great for bunting and decorating skirts or even a tablecloth! You can sew it on as a ribbon I guess but I mainly use it for the bunting:)

    Nikki, I just use a little bias making tool from Clover. Here is a link to the tutorial that I found helpful: http://www.philandlaurie.com/sewing/gen/04%20Bias%20Making%20Tutorial%20(9%20pages).pdf

    Thank you for your comments everyone!
    You didn't have your email addresses so I couldn't reply to the comments:(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!