Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Name tag for a swap: accomplished!

I just finished a name tag for the Sew it Together name tag swap and have to share it with you!

Colour scheme: brown/yellow/orange
I used more brown and yellow with just a little bit of orange for the name that was cross-stitched on linen using French alphabet.

Colours for the embroidery

I wanted for the tag to have a French country feel but still have a cute detail with little squirrel on brown in the left corner.

Little squirrel

Vintage sewing machine is another detail that I added to balance out the applique.

Vintage sewing machine

That's a finished project. I can not show the name on the tag yet, that a swap rule, but here it is with the cross-stitched name carefully covered:

Name cross-stitched

Dear swap partner, I hope you will like it and will enjoy wearing:)


9 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the squirrel, he is very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have sewn such a cute little tag..the squirrel is georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sweet and I bet the stitching is divine going by the one you did last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would wear it - it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sewing machine is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're quick off the mark! The squirrel is so cute, and you can never go wrong with linen! I've started mine, but have some way to go to complete it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!