Saturday, May 8, 2010

Learning crochet!

Today I had a great time learning crochet from Corrie in the beautiful space of Notebook magazine's studio. We had a beautiful yarn and a few projects to choose from. I've always wanted to learn crochet. Not only because my mum does it, and I remember myself watching her making amazing things with just a hook and some yarn, but also because I love learning new techniques.

So here it is! My first granny square!


I picked one of my favorite colour combinations of white, yellow, pink and red.

After the class I went straight to the Lincraft to buy a hook and cannot wait to get started on my fist little blanket. I really want to make one for our trip to Canberra in June. We usually leave early in the morning and it's getting colder so crochet blanket will be perfect for snuggling under!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! They look fabulous, I can't believe they are your first grannies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work & Corrie would be a delightful teacher. You'll need a little blanket for Handmade Market in June, brrrrr, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I have just learnt to crochet too...isn't it fun! I am making a lap blanket for winter. I love those colours you choose. look forward to hearing about your progess ;- )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!