Saturday, November 21, 2009

My place & Yours: My Collection

I've already posted once before a few pictures of my collection here, but thanks to Meet Me At Mikes and Fox's Lane I now have a great opportunity to tell you a little bit more about it and other things I collect. My collection started with a white and blue bowl and a piggy, then I bought a matreshka doll, a bird and then I found a dark blue matreshka at the markets. I also like that small chopping board that my mum brought for me in traditional Russian colours.


It’s the primary collection that I actively search shops back home for. One of the reasons why I started this collection is due to nostalgia and passion for traditional handmade crafts. I do not have any strict rules about this collection but I do have some boundaries for my other ones.

S0, besides Russian souvenirs, I also collect:

  • vintage/secondhand embroidery books. The rule for this collection is buying a book only if there are at least 3 projects I want to put on my to stitch list. This collection comprises only two books 1991/1994 but I am working on finding more. I enjoy going through the shelves of the secondhand bookshops trying to find preloved embroidery books.


  • Teddy Bears (I particular like David Jones charity bears). I have been collecting soft toys, bears in particular, since I was a child. Unfortunately, I had to leave most of them behind when I came to Australia but I packed my passion with me and started collecting again.


  • vintage craft supplies. I bought this sewing box in Tasmania. I loved it when I saw the beautiful paper box with all those hookes and other sewing necessities in it.

I recently got into hunting for vintage bobbins and lace. Nothing much to show yet so I might keep it under my sleeve for later.


It is so exiting reading about other people's collections! Thank you Fox's Lane for the great theme.


7 comments:

  1. You collect some lovely things - that sewing box is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am SALIVATING over that vintage sewing box and all the LOVELIES within!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your collections ... beautiful and so very thoughtful! I only skimmed the surface of my collections ... isn't this fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a delicious kit! That's one amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sewing box is amazing! Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous collections. I love how those matrioshka dolls seem to bat their eyelashes at you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!