I heard a good feedback about this book somewhere so when I accidentally came across it in the bookshop the other day, I thought it will be a good read for the holidays.
Set in the 1930s and 1940s is a story of a young woman before and during the war and her escapades across the globe in Spain, England and Morocco. Her life is thrown into chaos, first by love, then betrayal. "Abandoned and alone, all she has are her skills as a seamstress, a talent that could not only save her but may influence the course of a war...."
Sounds like a book that I might enjoy!
Have you read it?
Do you have a book that you love to recommend for my holiday reading?







Oooh, sounds good and what a gorgious cover!! I am reading The Absolutist by John Boyne at the moment. Just great. I love everything by John Boyne, except for The Boy in the striped pyjamas, whis was his big hit though to me it felt a bit overdone. His other novels are far more authentic. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteEsther.
Sounds like an interesting read!
ReplyDeletexo
sounds interesting :) if you like it I'll read it once you have finished :)
ReplyDeleteHow very appropriate for all who love to sew!
ReplyDelete