Sometimes, creativity comes from unexpected sources and in unexpected circumstances. The jet lag keeps me up at night until I just collapse. I really can do without discovering how productive I can be at 2 am but I did exactly that yesterday. Apparently, I am still quite creative even that early! I set down at my craft table and couldn't bring myself to pick up any projects that I already had in front of me so I made something new. I modified my Christmas pudding decoration into gingerbread hearts with white icing, holly berries and little bell for an extra festive detail.
I also filled them with some lavender and so far these cuties received a great response from my lovely customers.
Have you ever done your best work while tired or half asleep?







Simply gorgeous Katia ! I often sew at night after kiddies and husband go to bed. The house is quiet it's wonderful! Much like you, I often have to start new projects at night and leave those that just need finishing for daytime sleep :))
ReplyDeleteThese are soooo sweet!
ReplyDeleteI always work at night, there are too many distractions during the day when everyone else is awake...I generally get home from my other job at around 9.30pm and work through to around 2 to 3am....the phone doesn't ring, no one is on Facebook, generally no emails....love the quietness.
ReplyDeleteThey are so sweet, I love them! They'll look so cute decorating trees at Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteI often bake better late at night, especially if I skip making/eating dinner (this does not happen very often, most of my baking is done in the daylight as I do like to rise early too!)
xo
The gingerbread hearts are gorgeous..but I did like your little puddings too. Apart from playing silly computer games, I don't think I do anything really well when tired.
ReplyDeleteLovely ornament!
ReplyDeleteThese are so pretty! For some reason I become very creative right when it is time to go to sleep, and end up staying late trying to finish something, or I can't sleep cause all I can think about is that new idea. :)
ReplyDelete