Thursday, September 20, 2012

My creative space....

In my creative space today, I rewarded myself for finishing orders early. So, just before I start putting everything away for our trip and doing some packing (which I am not looking forward to), I am making bears... 

A new toy always brings an exciting opportunity to explore the colour and fabric combos. I started making bears in the primary colour that they come in, in real life, - browns. 
Then I had a new flecked felt arrive and couldn't resist making a grey bear. It still has a little bit of brown in it so that was hardly explorative! 
Next, Coco Blondie was created. She is a bit more adventurous (although a bit closer to Polar bear) light beige bear with a hint of grey. Her lacy belly really suits her timid and sweet character. 
Now, we are entering more colourful stage of Plushka's bear production. For my first 2 bright bears, I went with pink and yellow. Still a little safe, right? 
On the yellow one I got to try a new fabric which is always fun. That was the only fabric I could find with yellow in it and tiny print to fit his belly! I think a little more fabric stash digging is in order. 

If you would have to pick one, which one would you pick?

More creative spaces HERE.

Have a lovely creative Thursday! 

9 comments:

  1. I always like to see the lovely things you make each week, I love the bears and their cute little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd choose 'Coco Blondie'! When I was looking at the darker grey one I thought that if the ears were a little bigger it could be a koala..very cute in grey. What about a sun bear..black with a yellow or tan belly or crescent? I'm getting carried away with bear ideas now..hehe! Oh by the way I've got a giveaway happening with a little girls pink tote that I made yesterday..if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bears are gorgeous! I love Coco the most, but to be honest they are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all sweet and funny! I'd choose yellow! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable. I'd have to go with Coco Blondie...she looks so sweet!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I found your blog! These toys are simply wonderful! We will keep in touch!
    {Fan, by sofan!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the yellow bear, so lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá, muito lindos seus ursinhos, vou selecionar vc no meu blog. Até breve, Salete.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!