A few years ago I was into every craft known to man and bought all sort of tools for each craft I wanted to try. I still have needle felting tools somewhere, stamp carving cutting tools and you might even find screen for fabric printing somewhere...
However, there are only a few tools that I actually use almost everyday and will never ever regret buying.
Bias tape maker: one of my best purchases from ages ago. Bias tape making became so much more enjoyable and easier once I had it in my sewing box.
Circle templates: I find circle is the hardest shape for me to draw so if I need the exact shape, I use this templates. There are 10 of them in a pack in different sizes and, from memory, they were about $22. I also have triangle templates but i haven't used them yet.
Pinking shears or zig-zag scissors as I call them: great for creating decorative edges on an appliqué, fabric flowers or prevent fabric from fraying. Not used as often here but better have them as they were very helpful on a few occasions.
*Edited, tip: To keep pinking shears sharp (any scissors really), cut through a folded piece of aluminium foil or coarse sandpaper.
*Edited, tip: To keep pinking shears sharp (any scissors really), cut through a folded piece of aluminium foil or coarse sandpaper.
Chopstick: Yes, you read it right! When you stuff toys, chopstick is a great tool. It is easier to get stuffing evenly throughout the toy, especially when it's a large one.
Do you have a sewing/quilting/crafting tool that you will never regret purchasing?







Interesting post.
ReplyDeleteI will never regret purchasing my lockable row counter for my knitting.
hmm, maybe we need to do some screen printing, so the poor screen you have doesn't feel left out :) by the way, i use a chopstick now for stuffing and turning things out, all thanks to you :) xx
ReplyDeleteapart from my unpicker (ultimate best thing ever),i have an alphabet stamp set i use every single week. I use the end of a paintrush for my stuffings, as that sits on my desk with all my craft bits.
ReplyDeleteWonderful site and huge information. The information present here is helpful for the readers I'll come back to this blog for sure!
ReplyDeleteCrafting Tools