Today I would like to share with you one of stages in the robin production line. This one is a fun final stage of making a dozen or so robins and it 's my favourite one. No, not because they are finally done (although that makes me happy too) but because this stage involves playing with buttons!
I have three big packs of each colour: green, red and white and first thing I do is finding two of the same size. I like that they all have different designs and sometimes slightly different colour. I think it makes robins a little quirky and adds character. Would you agree?
When I have buttons paired, I cut out the wings. There is no template for them as I prefer just cut them out as I go which makes every bird different and unique.
Finally, I sew the wings on and sit them all together for a family photo before they get wrapped up and posted to the new owners.
Some of these birds will be for sale on the 3rd of September, at the market night on my Facebook page and they are also available to order:)
More creative spaces HERE.







A bird production line has to be the cutest production line ever!
ReplyDeleteLove your robin production line! They all look so cute :-)
ReplyDeleteThe robin's are adorable Katia. Thank you for sharing. I love checking out your blog posts
ReplyDeleteThey are just adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love your creative spaces...so inspiring! But these robin's are just the cutest! have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeletexxx Kasia
http://littlegussy.blogspot.com.au/
Totally adorable Katia!
ReplyDelete