Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday inspiration: sewing machine cover

I've been looking for a perfect sewing machine cover for long long time, too long! Like with my other projects, I jump from one idea to another. Quickly moving on and leaving behind unfinished projects is pretty much a regular occurrence. After looking at all these wonderful sewing machine covers, I am now deciding between full cover like this one....
                                                           Source: anartnest.squarespace.com via Katia on Pinterest


....and the one with the ties. Which is probably easier and faster to make and will fit any sewing machine.... 

                                                                 Source: bedifferentactnormal.com via Katia on Pinterest


Which one would you choose? 

5 comments:

  1. just recently, i started out making the one with a tie but ended up with a full cover! changed my mind last minute because i realise the full cover will give better protection from dust plus easier slipping on than tying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sewing machine is in the bedroom so I've often thought I should make a cover for it. The first one looks great but I'd probably go for the second easier option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately full cover, better protection :) Mine is desperate for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Я тоже искала много вариантов для своей машинки и все же остановилась на полном покрытии, а не частично, так все же меньше пыли. И не делала никаких карманов, как бывает сейчас очень часто, тк очень не практично.Когда снимаешь чехол, и если там что-то в карманах лежит, то все, как правило, вылетает.
    Если интересно, то вот мой вариант.
    http://intheorderofthings.blogspot.com/2012/04/blog-post_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. they both look good but I think the full cover will offer more protection :) looking forward to seeing what you make :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!