Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fellow Madeit Sellers who blog - Mulberry Musings

I always get very excited when designers who I contact agree to answer my questions for the interview! It's my way to get to know the person behind a Madeit shop who's creations caught my eye and really appreciate the time spend on getting back to me with the answers. When I saw the art print by Mulberry Muse, I was amazed at the details, the style and the magical feel of every artwork!  
I found it easier to quote the designer herself as I couldn't find the better way to describe the technique she is using to create those lovely cards and art prints:  

"Using original artworks with antique and vintage ephemera to create the digital collages for the Mulberry Muse and Cafe Baudelaire collections is my latest favourite technique...The designs are then printed onto 100% cotton rag papers using the giclee process. They are cut out using a surgeons scalpel for very accurate trimming. I then trim the finished product using ribbons and sometimes a delicate accent of fine German glass glitter for extra sparkle." - designer spotlight, Madeit

Please welcome Wendy from Mulberry Musings blog! 


Why did you decide to start a blog? 
I began blogging as a way to promote my work and let people know a little bit about my world.
    It was not an easy decision to start blogging as I am not very good at expressing myself in words, I do better with pictures.
Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
   My blog name is just a variation of my shop name. The musings of the designer. Mulberry Musings
 Have your blogging style changed since you've started? 
    Hopefully it has matured a little and the content has become more interesting to readers.
    I find people like to know about me and my home as much if not more than about my work!
    I have been challenged to take up photography again and use my own images.
    This I have really begun to enjoy and have learnt new techniques in photoshop to really bring my pictures to life.
Do you think blogs are moving to the second place now since Facebook business/social pages are becoming more popular? 
   As I do not Facebook or Twitter I am not sure about that.
   I personally prefer blogs and find them far more enjoyable than the social networking sites.
Do you have a blogging routine or any themes that you join?
   I do not have a routine or join any themes, I blog as the mood takes me and I have the time.
What are your 5 most favourite blogs to visit and why?
  1. My very talented daughters blog, she encouraged me to start blogging and I always look to her for technical help!
  2. This lady is so talented and entertaining, I wish I could write like she does and her photography is amazing.
  3.I love the styling and photography
  4. Magical, Inspiring !
  5.Inspiring Stylist, clever layouts and information.
   
Any tips for the bloggers who just started? 
  As I am quite new to blogging myself. I do think the blog itself should look attractive design wise.
  I do not like blogs that are cluttered, covered in tacky commercial advertising or have music, pop ups and gadgets.
  People love to look at inspiring beautiful photographs and the written content should be informative and entertaining.
  I think it is important to blog regularly and to connect with other bloggers with similar interests, through commenting and sharing.
  Just enjoy blogging and not worry about how many comments, members or views you have.

Thank you Wendy for "coming over" for a chat! 
It was nice getting to know you:)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely feature Katia, it was a pleasure to meet you:)
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!