Thursday, April 19, 2012

My creative place.... new toy

In my creative space this week, a new toy was born! It took me a while to get it to look the same as the one I drew on paper, 8 months to be exact! First prototype toy went completely wrong and I felt a little discourage. However, I kept looking and looking at the drawing and the pattern so by the time I found a few hours to make 
another toy, I knew where I went wrong...
Foxy 
I wanted the shape to be simple and "huggable" so little kids can take it to bed and 
cuddle it to sleep but still decorative to be  a great room decoration. 
New Plushka toy
While working on the pattern, I've been stashing away some fabrics  that will go with the fox's colour and character.
fabric for the fox
Let's the production line begin! 

Visit more creative spaces here

Have a creative Thursday!

19 comments:

  1. oh he is just adorable!!! I love it when something finally comes together...I remember my first go at a bird mobile I wanted to make for my daughter.....from first concept to the finished product was a long haul, but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katia he's beautiful, i love a good foxy toy, especially love how his tail is curled up around the front. His face is perfect, congratulations on such a gorgeous addition to your amazing collection of work, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, the bow in her hair, it's a girl, sorry!! At least Brenda got it wrong too!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is just too cute!! I'll be watching for the arrival of the foxes in your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute and I like the material youve collected too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new fox is lovely! Taking something from what your mind's eye sees to reality isn't easy - glad you stuck with it:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely hugable! I love how you have resolved the tail, I am having the same issue with a foxy I'm working on too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is very cute!
    I designed a fox for the tsirts that I make, but wondered how popular it would be seeing as they are feral pests here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! A child would be very lucky and blessed to be the owner of such a fantastic companion. I love the face and the expression too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your toys are just superb and the fox is a favourite.

    I LOVE that orange flower fabric. It will look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was worth persevering katia, she is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous! And you've got a great selection of fabrics there for alternatives, they are all going to turn out just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very very cute! And great fabric choices as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh she is so lovely! I love the fabrics. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!