Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fellow Madeit sellers who blog - Fluid Ink


If you read my blog for some time, you probably know that I love  vintage and interesting designs in bright colours! When I saw Fluid Ink designs on the front page of Madeit website, I couldn't wait to learn more about this letterpress business.  
 So, I invited Davina for a chat and a "cup of tea".

Why did you decide to start a blog? 
To promote my business, and give some insight into the world of letterpress from a beginner’s perspective.
Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
Fluid Ink was originally the name of my freelance graphic design business I started way back in 2001 and I thought it was appropiate for my letterpress business as well!
Have your blogging style changed since you've started? 
I try to include as many images as possible, I am also trying to include other stories of interest and information that don’t come from me (I get bored with my own voice, I figure others will too!)
Do you think blogs are moving to the second place now since Facebook business/social pages are becoming more popular? 
I think they all interact wonderfully together, when I blog a post, its less frequently than a post in Facebook, but face book info tends to be a short ‘blip’ where as I spend more time and effort on a blog post.


Do you have a blogging routine or any themes that you join?
I try to blog twice a month, but its as the need arises!
What are your 5 most favourite blogs to visit and why?
Both of the above offer oodles of inspiration for my craft
For an unbeatable letterpress community – I rely on this site heavily for information
Western Australian sellers on etsy
Im an Etsy addict 
 Any tips for the bloggers who just started? 
Keep learning. There are so many free tutorial/workshops, handy hints etc don’t get overwhelmed, just do a little bit and things will grow and get easier.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
If you think there is a way to do something with regards to blog functionality, then there probably is. - Google it and the answer will be there.
Don’t try and use all social medias at first unless you have unlimited time. Just choose 1 or 2 and start small!
Blogs are a great way to host a webpage. I have had intentions to convert my blog to a ‘proper’ website for 2 years – monumental fail! I have taken a step backwards and converted my blog to a website! It doesn’t have the exact ‘look’ I am after, but it works for now!


Thank you Davina for coming over! 

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!