
I am far from an expert baker or cook so I am always on the look out for an easy recipe, especially the ones with wholemeal flour that I like. I usually cut recipes out from the magazines and keep them in my recipe book. It makes it easier when I plan meals as I can just put them together without writing the page numbers etc. down that I have to do with books (thanks to my friend's tip I never search for the lost recipe again;)
This weekend I decided to bake something that we can have as a savory snack at work. These rosemary and grape rolls are very quick to bake but do need some preparation time. Recipe is from Good Taste magazine May issue 2009.
240gr (1 and 1/2 cups) wholemeal flour
300ml warm water
1 tsp honey
1 sachet (7g) dried yeast
60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
olive oil, to grease
12 small springs rosemary
12 red grapes - will use more next time as they are just so yummy:)
1. Sift combined flour in a bowl. Return husks to the flour.
2. Transfer 1/4 of the flour mixture to a medium bowl. Add water and honey. Whisk to combine. Sprinkle with the yeast. Whisk to combine. Set aside in a warm place for 10 min or until foamy.
3. Add the oil and salt to the flour mixture.
Make a well in the center. Pour in the yeast mixture. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 min or until smooth and elastic. Brush a large bowl with oil to lightly grease. Place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a tea tower and set aside in a warm place to prove for 1 hour or until double in size.
4. pre-heat oven to 220C. Brush baking tray with oil to lightly grease. Punch down the center of the dough with you fist. Divide into equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Place ball, side-by-side, on the greased tray. Cover the dough with a clean towel. Set aside for 30min.
5. Use your thumb to make dimples in the dough. Press rosemary and grapes into the dimples. Brush with oil.
Bake for 10min. Reduce oven temperature to 190C. Bake for 12-15 min or until golden.
Cool them down for a few minutes and ENJOY!
Hope you like them:)
I am lucky I've got mainly guys at work and they are willing to try anything I bake:)
So far they loved my baking and I've got a few more recipes to try next week.

Cool them down for a few minutes and ENJOY!
Hope you like them:)
I am lucky I've got mainly guys at work and they are willing to try anything I bake:)
So far they loved my baking and I've got a few more recipes to try next week.









hello,
ReplyDeletethank you for share this jammie rezept.
Conny
Какая вкусная красота!
ReplyDeleteДа-да-да! я тоже собираю все самые интересные рецепты в свою тетрадку. Потрясащие булочки! И коллегам по работе точно понравится такой перекус)
ReplyDeleteYour rosemary and grape rolls look absolutely delicious! I will have to try this when grapes are in season here.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking up to Weekend Baking!
hey, I just love this idea. I keep forgetting there is fresh rosemary out in one of our flower beds. thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete