Monday, April 25, 2011

Washi tape love

Washi tape collection

I love washi tape and slowly building my own mini collection. It makes everything prettier like gift boxes, packages, orders and sometimes I use it for taping things to my wall. It's easy to remove, you can write on it  and can be reused many times!

The most famous brand is 'MT' which started at Japanese company Kamoi where various forms of adhesive masking tapes have been produced since 1920s.  Read a wonderful story about how washi tape was created here.

 Here are a few more ways on how you can use a washi tape:

*make colourful mini clothes pins.
*decorate your desk in the craft room.
*transform simple white vase or a glass. 
*make cute mini bunting.

Finally, this Flickr group and this one are just full of ideas and inspirations on how to use your pretty masking tape! 

Happy washi taping:) 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I have a bloggy friend with a washi-tape love too...will send her your link!!
    hope you had a great easter :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katia, I'm the friend Cate mentioned ☺. A great post.

    Have a look here for some more washi-inspired prettiness -http://hearthandmadeuk.blogspot.com/2011/04/inspired-for-spring-crafting-using.html.

    J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!