Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Stash....#39 Do we need rules?

I started looking for a theme for today's Sunday Stash and picked stripes from my recent purchase.

Sunday Stash

organic Monaco by Monaluna (blue, yellow, orange stripes)
All purchase at Funky Fabrics as they've got a great choice of stripes there!

I also had these two fabrics in stash. I like stripes made from dots idea!

American Jane for Moda
2 fat quarters by American Jane Patterns for Moda.

Maybe I am taking stash building too seriously so, please, correct me if I am wrong. I think stash building, like creating a good wardrobe need rules! I am not going to attempt writing them but I will share my mistakes with you one per Sunday Stash until we discover them all.
I would love if you could leave a comment with your 'faux pas' when it comes to building fabric stash.

My 'faux pas' number 1:
I started building my stash early last year. I mean serious purchasing with weekly arrivals. I wish somebody told me that buying cute Japanese fabric with animals can lead to a stash I couldn't work with! Don't get me wrong, cute Japanese patterns is a MUST to have in any stash but with no dots, stripes or solids, there is noting to connect them with when in comes to projects like bunting. I had to start buying dots just to make this bunting which resulted in some expensive purchases as I wanted to finish project and didn't have time to look for a bargain!

Folded bunting

Have a delightful Sunday and I'll see you next week for more Stash building 'faux pas'!

2 comments:

  1. But I do like it! But know what you mean. I think the Japanese fabrics with animals are really cute but I also never buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love big picture fabric but that is definitely a mistake. I can't bear to cut it up and it is too kitchy too use. So little non descript patterns without too many plain spaces are better than large. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!