Yay, the weekend has almost arrived!! What have you got planned? I am off for a morning walk and breakfast, followed by a few hours of household duities and then a stitching marathon!
I am looking forward to finishing a few more appliques and starting on ticking off things on my list...
But, before my busy day starts, I am going to read a new issue of the Country Style magazine that I just found in my mail box. It inspires me with it's amazing pictures of the gardens, dwellings and some lovely recipes!
There is an article that I would definitely read first...
A little story of the Baba Lila chocolate shop in Comboyne NSW, a village in the Port Macquarie. It's owner, Natasha, is of a Russian heritage. She started making Russian chocolate following her mother's recipe. She says, it's quite creative and honors what my mother gave me - my heritage and a livelihood.
"The important thing is it's not just a job. It embraces my philosophy of handmade, trading lightly on the environment, and using local staff and suppliers"
This is really close to my heart and I hope to visit this shop and meet Natasha when I am in that area!
The other place I wish I could visit is Ipswich Art Gallery in Queensland. I would love to see "The Fabric of Society" exhibition that features Australia's Quilt Heritage from Colonial Times to 1960. If you are in that area and went to see it, please, tell us all about it!
It's a beautiful day today - Enjoy:)






Lovely finds, have a lovely weekend. Love Posie
ReplyDeletelovely, I do love country style. makes me want my bags and move out of the city...just need to find my husband a well paying job out there!
ReplyDeleteCorrie;)
It is a gorgeous magazine - I usually only get my fix when I'm sitting in the waiting room at the chiropractor though heheh! I never mind if he's running late - more time for me to read :)
ReplyDelete