Sunday, December 6, 2009

My place and Yours: Wherever I lay my hat, That's my home


I did not have to think long for this week's theme at Meet me at Mikes. I knew straight away what makes the place I live in, my home:

  • Cute blue elephant that I had since I was 12. It needs a new stuffing but it's a part of it's character that I do not want to change. It reminds me of my childhood and home.
  • The mouse that I bought during my first trip to China and it's being traveling with me ever since.
  • my photo album with pictures from back home. I've got a few that I treasure the most like the pictures of me as a child. I am particularly careful with those black & white ones that I won't be able to print again. Pictures are a great way to bring your past into your present.
The last and the most important thing is my family. My home will always be the place where they are. Unfortunately, I have two homes at the moment as my mum is still in Russia and I started my family here in Australia. It's a wired feeling not belonging in a place like Sydney as I am sure a few people out there will understand.

What makes your place your home? Pop on over to Pip’s and join in!

4 comments:

  1. Sydney can be a very hard city to feel at home in. Being split between two homes is a heavy burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep photo's were 'it' for me too! Gorgeous, totally beautiful post;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tricky that travel/migration thing. You just don't get the luxury of all your loved ones in the same place – and that can be a heartbreaker for a while. I hope you find some 'belonging' in Sydney soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are really lovely. And that elephant is really fuzzy. And that mouse is really cute. Mice are a bit popular this week!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!