Saturday, November 7, 2009

My place and Yours: Secret Weapon

It's Saturday, so it’s time for a new theme from Meet Me at Mikes. The Theme queen this week, My Bricole has chosen 'Secret Weapon'. It took me a few hours to think about my secret weapon. I was thinking about people I love, things that I have, things that I made but after some time I realised that my culture, traditions of my motherland, memories of my childhood and my family are the secret weapons that formed me as a person. It is not possible for me to choose one. They are and continue to be a great part of me.


However, one thing that helps me through my tough moments, times when I do not have inspiration or strength to keep going or I miss my home is a cup of Russian tea with a spoon of blackcurrant jam in it, served in a glass and traditional cup holder. That is my small, for some silly, “secret weapon”.


So I made myself a cup of tea.....


Playing along with the My Place and Yours at Meet Me At Mikes

11 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have so many wonderful memories and rituals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I remember seeing Russian tea in Sex and The City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum, that sounds really lovely, and in that cup holder too. Thanks for sharing your secret weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks and sounds lovely. what a nice tradtion

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic secret weapon. I've never heard of adding a spoonful of jam to a cup of tea. It's amazing how important some of the rituals are that we have in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cup holder. That sounds so good!! My fav restaurant serves black currant iced tea, which I love. I never thought of adding jam. I will by trying that today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not heard of adding jam either. Can I try this with the everyday tea I have here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That's cool! What a gorgeous tea glass too! I think this week is going to be very interesting across the players, if your ace post is anything to go by! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I grew up with a samovar in the house and I love the ritual of tea making etc...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, not silly at all! Love the sound of that tea and the sentiment behind it. If it comforts you, then it's definitely worth doing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!