Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Organizing, managing, scheduling...

Today, it's all about stock intake, scheduling and organizing Plushka's life. I love being organised! I used to love my uni years when I had a schedule, deadlines, assessments as I knew what I need to do and when. There is a little bit of control freak in me (ok, maybe a bit more then a little bit).

With a few customer orders mounting up, I felt a need to go back to "organized me" and stop keeping things in my head. I followed a great advice from Jane and Jake that you can read here. I agree with her that to-do lists can be hard to manage and very time-consuming when you need to move tasks from one page to the next according to their priority. I adapted her method a little bit though to suit my needs. I took:

*cute post-it notes
*some washi tape
*pink paper that I cut out little squares from to brighten up the page
*my journal that I keep my inspirations in (see a few pages here)

Cute post-its

So, the urgent things to do on the right page and Easter orders, that I've got a few weeks to complete, on the left. I will use pink squares for the orders that I need to post or payments to track so I can easily remove them when it's done.

Keeping myself organized

I still use a calendar so I can see the whole month in front of me. I'll see if this system will work for me and report back:)

How do you keep yourself organized? Which system do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!