This project incorporates so many things that Plushka is so passionate about: linen with beautiful rough texture, cross-stitch, cute Japanese linen illustrated by Heather Ross and Lavender.
Lavender is used widely in aromatherapy. It believed that if allied to the temples, lavender oil soothes oil soothes headaches. In pillows, lavender flowers aid sleep and relaxation.
That's why I used the linen with sleeping princess design by Heather Ross as it seamed the ideal illustration of lavender qualities:)
I had so much fun matching embroidery floss colours to the linen at the back. I love this hot pink one. It feels like pink dominates in my creative space at the moment with the crochet baskets, fabric and headbands:)
These sachets can be used in the draws, wardrobe, bedside table or just to decorate a bedroom by hanging on the door handle.
Do you like Lavender? If not, what is your favourite scent?
Have a great Wednesday!









I do love lavender! I harvest myself for herbal healing, aromatherapy, beauty, and culinary uses. I usually make my own lavender sachets and pillows but I am very, very taken with that purple and pink one... is it in the store?
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. I love linen, and I like how you tied together the fabric and the lavender.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely and elegant looking pillows! I love lavenders, linens, cross-stitch and the color purple which makes these pillows just my cup of tea or rather coffee since I don't like tea :)!
ReplyDeleteVery Pretty :)
ReplyDeleteoooh so gorgeous! Very inspiring indeed!
ReplyDeleteThese are just beautiful. The cross stitch on linen looks very elegant. Lavender is one of my favourite smells along with vanilla and coconut.:)
ReplyDelete