In my creative space, I am going back to my childhood favourite - Bulgarian cross-stitch (as we call it in Russia) which also known as Double cross-stitch.

When I just started learning different embroidery styles, it was my favourite type of cross-stitch. My first big embroidery project was this sleeping bunny.
It's hard to believe that I made it more then 10 years ago!
Looking at it now, I can see that the actual Bulgarian cross-stitch wasn't done properly but it doesn't make it less special. My mum made this embroidery into a cushion using a vintage fabric that used to be her dress.
I was recently inspired by a beautiful nursery and created two cross-stitch patterns specially for this type of cross-stitch. I will reveal them later as I still got a few hours of stitching to do!
Join the creative space fun with Kirsty!
Have a creative Thursday!






Ooh, what a lovely story. I especially love the last photo - looking forward to the details! Jane at http://lifeonplanetbaby.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI love your first ever piece. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful piece and so special too coz its your first!
ReplyDeleteSo clever! And your bunny cushion is wonderful...such lovely memories. Wishing you a happy and stitchy Friday :)
ReplyDelete